Sunday, November 7, 2010

C4T #3

Creating Life Long Learners  

I was also assigned to read and comment on Mathew Needleman's latest post on his blog, Creating Life-Long Learners, which is a very catchy blog title. In his post, 3 Ways to Download Movies from YouTube, he gives some simple and very helpful tips for the process. The first tip he had was the "Low Tech" way, which I personally liked. Not only did he say that, but then he went on to say "If you are not comfortable with technology then this one is for you" so right away I knew that would be for me, especially after doing the podcast. The other two tips for downloading movies from YouTube were through using zamzar and also through certain plug-ins. The way you choose which way to go would be based on how many movies you plan to upload. According to Mathew, if you only want to download one or two movies then zamzar was for you, if not then browser plugin's would definitely be the way to go. For instance if you want to download many movies, then you should download helper for firefox or even download YouTube for Safari. He does make a good point to keep in mind that these are good, but they will only work in a place where YouTube isn't blocked.


YouTube Icon


After doing my podcast on iMovie and uploading it to YouTube along with watching other videos, I realize how important videos are in a classroom, and YouTube provides access to watch and show videos. This is not just beneficial as a "bored student" but for a teacher to use in the classroom. I enjoyed reading these tips and hope I can apply what I have learned in the teaching field, as well as being a networked student.

No comments:

Post a Comment