Sunday, November 7, 2010

C4K 3-7

Alba Dinocorn  was my 7th student's blog to comment on and was a little new to blogging. Alba posted a picture of the USS Alabama to her blog. She mentioned the details in the pictures such as the lines and shadows. It was great to see a student capture some Alabama history and take that much interest in it to post it on their blog! It was a great picture and nice addition to a blog!

YenniferL was my 6th student's blog to comment on and I was able to view a very interesting riddle and actually try to solve it!! Wow, it was very tricky! The  riddle was  the following:
I am furry.
I can be black, white, or brown.
I can be hard to find.
I like to eat fish.
I live in a house.
Who am I?
I guessed that she was referring to a cat, unfortunately she never answered!  I guess it's up for interpretation to the avid blog reader! 

The 5th student's blog that I was able to comment on was Ashlyn M. She is a 6th grader in Mrs. Quamm's class in Iowa. Her blog brought back so many memories. She discussed her homecoming game and dance! She seemed to have a lot of school spirit as she discussed the football team and she also sounded like she had a lot of fun at the dance. It's great for student's to share what they like because I believe that connects the  teacher to the student in a personal way! 

I was also able to comment on Finn's blog who is from New Zealand! This was so amazing to be able to connect to a student in another country. It's amazing the path's that blogging opens up. Finn was discussing a Fete, which I had to look up in the dictionary. It is a festival, and they had one as a school to raise money for a new playground. Through hard work and great effort on behalf of the students and the faculty, Finn explained that they were able to raise enough money to build a new play ground. He was very excited about the new play area.
playground


For the C4K3, I could not reopen the link. What I do remember was that the student was from another country and wrote very descriptively about a devastation that had recently occurred within the country.


No comments:

Post a Comment