Sunday, November 21, 2010

Blog Post #13

Alex stands for Alabama Learning Exchange Program. This is a very resourceful website created by the Alabama Department of Education. It's not limited to educators alone but has many great sources for students and parents as well. Because I am majoring in Secondary Education Language Arts, I first explored the courses of study option then viewed the language arts tab. Whether a student in English, a parent helping their child, or an English teacher, this feature offered grammar and literature tips from all grades. So ALEX is very helpful for all grade levels and provides practical help for all the basic school subjects. The podcast treasury was extremely fascinating.  Each subject had so many podcasts relating to the topic. This asset is very helpful for students and encourages hands-on learning and comprehension as well as allowing them to experience creativity and technology. The website also had a lesson's plan tab that I was able to explore. Again you could choose a variety of subjects and the grade level that you would be teaching.

ALEX icon

I found this website very helpful, just as a student. It practically has unlimited resources. In the future this is a website that I will incorporate into my PLN and also refer to often as a teacher. It's great that the Alabama Department of Education offers valuable and relevant information to all involved in the school system. No matter what grade level or what subject you teach, ALEX will be very beneficial in gaining knowledge and pursuing goals. When I student teach this will definitely be something I use to serve as a spring board for lessons plans and ideas. I can't wait to apply what I have discovered here.

No comments:

Post a Comment