Thursday, September 30, 2010

Comments 4 Kids #1 and 2

math equation

For my first comment for kids assignment I was assigned a student at Noel Elementary School . The students name was Kristen and she is an 8th grader! It was great to see her blog and how well she was working using technology for educational purposes. Kristen's about me was very informative! She discussed her likes and dislikes and what was important in her life, such as family and friends. She mentioned that her favorite subject was Communication Arts, but her least favorite was math. Mr. Chamberlain commented on her post, telling her that he would help her and that she could ask him for help also. I thought that it was great for the students to have blogs because that way the (teacher like Mr. Chamberlain did in this case) may know more about the students and know what specific subject they need more help in. I did notice that the blog opened up more communication between students and teachers! It's definitely a great asset and it's good to get to know the student, like Kristen on a personal level!

I was also able to read Kristen's learning manifesto, and I could definitely learn some things for her, like going to bed early!! She had very good goals: going to bed early, being a good student by staying caught up on work, and also paying full attention. Kristen's goals were realistic and challenging. I think that they are each important steps in learning as much as you can in a school year, so I know she is on the right track. Through the learning manifesto, I learned that blogging goals is so vital because throughout the year, the student or teacher can look back over that blog and measure their progress and use it as a reminder of "where they are headed!"

I really enjoyed viewing and commenting on Kristen's blogs! By taking the time to look over her blogs and page, I realized just how important is is for students to have a blog!! I will definitely require my students to do this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment