Monday, August 23, 2010

Blog Post 1

 My name is Carrie Tucker. I have lived in Uriah Alabama for a majority of my life until I decided to move to Mobile to go to college. Uriah is a very small town located about an hour north of Mobile. I attended USA because it was close to where I lived and so that I wouldn't have to make a major move. In addition to that, I am very fond of the city of Mobile! My family is also from Uriah and both of my parents come from a very large family, so needless to say, our Christmas dinner is actually a rather large feast! I entered in the education field first, because I am highly interested in language arts and secondly, because I would like to teach others what I have learned. Originally I began to pursue the degree with the intention of teaching in a high school after graduation, but now my goals have been changed to cooincide with my dreams. I am extremely interested in foreign missions to the middle east, Africa, and many other places. Because that is a great interest, I re-routed my "life plan" and will use my education major to become a missionary in another country in order to teach the English language to students in any setting or atmosphere.


First of all, I love God with all of my heart. For Him alone I was created, to know Him and make Him known. I really enjoy writing, teaching, and sharing with other people. Recently I had the opportunity to get involved with Friends of Internationals, which is an international student ministry at South. I also enjoy helping others to realize their potential and worth in life. I believe that relationships are vital in our lifetime and to be cherished greatly! I was in a hands-on ministry school called Master's Commission for two years. It was based in Mobile, but we travelled all over the U.S and into Mexico doing school assemblies, outreaches, and work in many different communities. Besides travelling the world and meeting new people, I also thoroughly enjoy sports, both participating and watching. I love to run and watch Auburn football also! That's pretty much me in a nutshell. I look forward to this class providing me with a greater knowledge of reaching the world through blogging and technology as well as enabling me to function more technologically. I definitely anticipate hearing and seeing teachers from around the world! This is very exciting and I anxiously await what is yet to be discovered.  

The following pictures is where I will be going in one week: Kampala and Masindi Uganda (Eastern Africa) "C3 church":




















4 comments:

  1. Carrie,

    I also love mission work. I have gone to Israel, Mexico, and Guatemala. I plan on teaching English overseas, and I am open to wherever the Lord sends me. I have a special love for orphans. It is so great to hear another young woman who desires the same things in life. We should definitely get together, and I can't wait to hear about your trip to Uganda. That is so amazing! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow-this was a well-written and informational post. Carrie I believe that with the help of the Lord, your passion and desire to reach the "world" will be possible. This class will not only make you more knowledgeable about technology, but it will also prepare you mentally to be an innovative and thought-provoking teacher. You will NEVER look at teaching the same way again and those that you teach will be impacted greatly.

    I too would like to one day teach overseas. I really like your background selection for your blog. I can't wait to see how you all grow and develop this Fall. Best of Luck to you as you continue to change the world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both so very much for taking the time to reach and comment on my posts. It is very encouraging to hear of young women with a desire to do God's work and make him known throughout the world. I am excited about meeting you and getting to know you both. I believe anyone with the desire to "go" will be able to because that's what the word instructs us to do.
    Uganda is great, and filled with many great women. I am sitting right now in a bed and breakfast in Kampala preparing for the night's service. It is so beautiful and different here. I absolutely love the culture. Hope to post some more info and pictures soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe our first comment from Uganda. Be sure to go to the class blog while in Uganda so that Uganda will be added to our map! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete